Our court date is getting close, just a few more days! This week we are waiting with excitement, anticipation, hope, and a lot of nervousness about whether we will pass court, be delayed, or even denied. We expect one of the first two, but we have learned you just never know in international adoption. We are painting, cleaning out, organizing, child proofing, reading lots about adoption, attachment, and Ethiopia, just trying to prepare our house and ourselves for the changes, challenges, and blessings that we hope are coming our way soon. We are dreaming of our future with our boys and all the blessings they will bring into our lives.
Meanwhile, a man on the other side of the world is waiting and preparing as well. He is preparing for a long trip, which I imagine will be difficult for him both physically and emotionally, to appear in court and relinquish his sons for adoption. The boys' birthfather has been heavy on my heart this week. I just can't imagine what this week and the actual court date must be like for him. I wonder what his dreams are for his boys. I wonder if we will live up to his expecations as the boys' new parents.
Also in Ethiopia, two little boys are waiting. I'm not sure how much they understand about their wait. They have our pictures, letters and gifts we have sent, but I don't know if they really know who we are or what changes are in store for their little lives. I think about them all the time, I've programmed myself to think 9 hours ahead and wonder about what they are doing at a specific time and pray for them. I know they know to some degree the loss they have experienced in their lives already. I can see it in their eyes, especially M.'s and especially in the earlier pictures. They seem happier in the pictures we have seen more recently and I can tell they love their friends they are with. And now, we are preparing to go and take them from all that they know. We can't wait to meet them, to hug them, to care for them, and to share our love with them, but still I know that all these changes will be challenging for them and they will experience even more loss as we move them away from their friends and the caregivers who they know and love. They have been through so much in their little lives already. I hope and pray that we will be able to help them work through their grief and loss as they move into a whole new world. It is just all so much to take in and so overwhelming to think about all the aspects and people involved in our adoption.
Please pray with us this weekend and early next week:
*for our boys
*for their birthfather, that he will make it to court, and especially for peace and comfort
*for us as we wait
*that all of our paperwork is in place
*that we will find favor in the courts in Ethiopia
*for several other families with our agency who also have court next week
You Can't Fix Others
5 years ago
6 comments:
Monica,
I am praying. Praying, praying...
Monica--We will definitely be praying for favor in the courts!
Praying for all of you!
Praying for you! Love the play room artwork!
Praying for you too girl! I'm drowning myself in worship music and laying this whole thing at the feet of the Father. His grace is sufficient.
Praying for a successful day tomorrow! High hopes and holding breath.....
Post a Comment