Friday, March 6, 2009

Ready to Go!

Our bags are packed and we're ready to go meet our boys! Please pray for us, for health and safe travel. Most importantly, pray for Mikaele and Ephrem as their lives are about to be turned upside down. I imagine it might be a scary time for them not really understanding what is going to happen next in their lives and that this is really forever. Pray for all of us as we become a family.

I'm not sure how to put into words how we are feeling right now, so many different emotions all at once. I'm also not sure I really believe it is time to travel to bring our boys home. I wonder when it will finally sink in. Maybe when we are on the plane tomorrow, maybe after we meet the boys, maybe not until we are all home. Right now it just feels like a dream.

Finally, we are so thankful for the overwhelming love, support, and encouragement we have received from so many people over the past few weeks. Every hug, prayer, e-mail, blog comment, phone call, etc. has meant so much to us. We are blessed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica,

When we adopted Krista, I think it didn't really, fully sink in for me until she went to preschool a couple of years later and I officially became "Krista's mom" to so many people.....There are lots of times along the way when it all will sink in, bit by bit. Probably not all in one fell swoop. But everyone is different!

Your boys have a big transition ahead of them. But they have each other and they will quickly learn that they have wonderful, loving parents in you and Henry. They will adapt and they will blossom in your loving care.

Trust your instincts. You are already a fabulous mother; don't doubt that for a moment. Set boundaries when you need them and relish the help and attention from outsiders when it feels right. Your family and your real friends will understand that you need to take this transition period at your own pace.

What an incredible journey! God bless you all, each step of the way.

Love,
Melinda
a/k/a "Krista's mom" and "Gabby's mom" and "Jacob's mom" : )

Ryane said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy every minute of your time spent getting to know your boys.

Tell us all about it when you get home. Those of us still on the wait list live for all the stories from returning families. You know how it is, I know. :)

sending prayers for a smooth transition for you all.

cmchrisk said...

Praying for a safe and wonderful journey!

Amber said...

We are praying for you and we can't wait to hear about your journey!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

I think you are already on your way. Oh, what a gift to your whole family. True, it is an adjustment for all, with times of difficulty mixed in with exhaustion, joy, frustration, peace... But anything worth ANYTHING, well, HAS to have the struggles that grow us along the way.

Blessings to your whole family

Unknown said...

Monica:

I am praying for you. I am absolutely excited for you!!! I hope you have time to post some pictures when you get back.

Congratulations again!!!!!!

Kris

Melissa said...

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you. As I am readying for bed, your alarm is about to go off. I hope you have a great day with your boys today. God bless you as you prepare to bring them home!

Ted S.

Sparkz said...

Can't wait to hear how things went.