Several people have asked for an update. Sorry it's taken us so long. The boys have kept us so busy non-stop. There just hasn't been time to get on the computer until late at night and by then, we are exhausted. Adjusting to a new country, a new family, a new home, a new language and learning boundaries is hard work for the boys which makes hard work for Mommy and Daddy too. Last week was really difficult, but things seem to be quite a bit better this week. We are starting to get into a routine and things are going more smoothly most of the time. We are still having challenges at bedtime and it's taking awhile for the boys to get to sleep which keeps us up later than we would like with no time to rest or get anything else done around the house. Mikaele is really picking up the language so quickly. It is amazing to watch him learn new words every day and hear him use them correctly. Little Ephrem has started repeating words this week. Overall, I think the boys really are doing well. We are enjoying getting to know them. I'll try to update more often now that things are settling down and we'll try to post some pictures soon too.
You Can't Fix Others
5 years ago
10 comments:
Hang in there, guys!! Better days are ahead for all of you. All families have their ups and downs---and you have a large number of adjustments to make right now, so it's all amplified for you. My family is so thrilled that you have your boys home, now. Our love and prayers are with you while you do this hard and miraculous work of becoming a family!
thank you for the update.. i am really interested in the language acquisition as B is 2 1/2. We will keep your family in our prayers as you find a new normal.
Glad to hear things are going well! We too have bedtime/naptime issues. We just let them scream. It seems pretty obvious that they are just ticked that they aren't up "having a party" (yeah, right!) with the rest of us. I think a lot of that is general toddler stuff.
All the best to you! (;
It is so good to hear from you all. I will be praying for you guys and the transition. God Bless! AB
Thank you for letting me know that I am on the right track. My kids are older and they are enjoying learning and it gives me something to DO while we wait for court date and travel. B is 2 but has very few words. I guess I might have a lot to say if I had the same type of year she has. ANy other tips you can give will be greatly appreciated:)
Oh, how I remember the first few weeks home...they were so rough as we adjusted to Pickles and she to us and the time zones. It does get easier as time passes!
How was the plane ride home? We'll be bringing home a 3 and a 5 year old, hopefully in June!
I'm so glad to hear the boys are doing well. They will have the language down before you know it. Now post some pictures of those adorable boys!!!
I am so glad that you posted a little update, I have been dying to hear how things are going with your family! It will get easier, day by day...mine is 4 months old now, and finally last week, I said that I felt like he was starting to belong in our home. It takes a while adjusting to a new family member, much less 2! We will continue to pray for your family, and that each day will bring more blessings and more joy!
We are just so glad you are home. We have been there (wih adjustments) and know some of the challenges :). What a glorious blessing! It's just finding the rhythm of each child...so unique and so individual in how they deal with loss of the familiar...again, we are praising God that you are home and can't wait to meet your little ones...my kids will just LOVE it too :).
Having a Blast in Christ,
Kat
The boys will try you because they are frustrated by all of the changes. Reassure them with hugs and kisses and then let them scream if they don't want to follow the rules. If they see that they still have to go to sleep, they'll give up the power struggle.
Keep us posted and post some pictures soon. We arepraying for your family.
Sara B.
Post a Comment