I am a teacher and the first four weeks of our wait encompassed the last four weeks of school. The end of the school year is always super busy. On top of the usual end of year craziness, we packed my classroom full of ten years worth of teaching materials and moved it all home into our attic and garage. We decided that I should go ahead and resign since I want to stay home with our kids and I don't want to be in the place to leave a class of first graders in the middle of the school year.
Sitting in my empty classroom at the end of last week with blank walls and no kids was a little sad. I know I will miss being in a class full of students and watching them learn and grow throughout the year. At the same time, I am so excited about what lies ahead, watching my own children grow and learn throughout many years. As a little girl, I had two dreams - to be a teacher and to be a mom. I have been blessed to experience my dream of teaching for ten years so now I am moving on to the next dream of being a mom. I can't wait to see what that brings!
The first four weeks of our wait flew by! We know we have many, many more weeks to go so now I am looking for things to keep me busy for the rest of the wait. For now, I am working on cleaning out rooms, drawers, and closets in our house, catching up on reading, and catching up with friends. That should keep me busy for awhile!
You Can't Fix Others
5 years ago
3 comments:
What a wonderful dream! Here's to a peaceful and joyful transition.
If your a teacher you must have an amazing amount of patience. Enjoy the time off!
Congratulations on being well on your way to achieving your second dream. I hope your wait is short.
Ellen
Post a Comment